Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Gravity

Good Night, yall... ya kno, on the islands they use "Good night" as a greeting? My haitian friend Winston hipped me to that. Just tryna learn ya some culture.

So, i was just in the bed but for some reason I had to get back up and write some thoughts down.. hope you don't mind reading.

So, there's this song by John Mayer called "Gravity".. some of the lyrics are..

Gravity is working against me..
and Gravity.. wants to bring me down
those are basically all I'll need to provide for this discussion.. but check out the song... Anywho, I don't know what John was going through when he wrote this song but its a very beautiful song. I listen to it when I'm feeling particularly depressed. It's like, gravity is ALWAYS there.. but for whatever reason regular circumstances just bother me. Suffering from depression is a battle. Yesterday was very rough. But I got through it, today's even better. It's just frustrating because you'd think taking 2 happy pills a day would help a nigga right? Wrong. There's no way I can treat every single symptom. So, I have to come up with my own ways to treat 'em... I might write a book. LOL

Today's my friend's Jesse's birthday. He unfortuantely passed away a year or two ago. He was an AMAZING young man. The first guy to ever get me something for Valentine's day. We were pretty tight in middle school and I'm saddened that the world didn't get his straight genuis for longer than 17 years.. but it's ok. God is sovereign.

My ex been acting real stank lately.. So yesterday, I'm walking out side my dorm to get a poptart and she gives me a dirty look, then today I'm in the bathroom brushing my teeth and she says "Hey Carrie" in a VERY sarcastic way. Now, I know that I'm hard to get over.. but I mean really. I'm not on it. Grow up.

Anywho, blogs that are coming soon "Equally Yoked" and "Love/Sex Part 2"

If this works right, you should be able to watch a vid of gravity... idk..

-C


No comments: