Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Stir Crazy. [tiny & toya]

I'm really tryna enjoy my summer yall. I really am but I can't live with this same routine everyday... I decided to end the job hunt, I'm only going to be in town for another month so I might as well get my school shit together. I need something to shake things up.. As my brother says, I need something to explode..

So I'mma write in my blog to calm my nerves..

First let me address Tiny and Toya..

Photobucket

For those of you who don't know Tameka "Tiny" Cottle [T.I's wife] and Antonia "Toya" Carter [Lil Wayne's ex-wife] got a show on BET. Now, I'm so tired of people getting fame off a relationship they had. Somebody's child, little sister, cousin, aunt, ex-wife or half-brother always trying to get a reality show or something of the like. Why can't we have our OWN identities?

Not to mention, these two chicken heads and their families are VERY poor representations of black women. I respect their grind and hustle for raising their kids BUT they are both very ghetto and we live in a society where white people's image of black women is reduced to whatever hood-rat BET decides to show any given week.

It makes it ten times harder when black women like myself have to go out in society to prove that we aren't another Tiny and Toya and we actually use the first names that our mother's gave us, we don't have 3 baby's daddys and our claim to fame isn't linked to a man.. but perhaps.. our MIND?

Its frustrating, even with a black president... we still taking steps back. Get it together BET!

Song of the Day:. "Water" Lauryn Hill

-C

No comments: