Saturday, May 8, 2010

Generation Rushing

By no means am I an expert on this subject...

I feel like my generation is rushing into things. Every other day, someone's having a baby.. and 3 of the kids I graduated with have even gotten married! Now, we graduated 2 years ago in 2008 and the oldest of us is 20... Isn't this the time where we're supposed to be 'sowing our royal oats' in a sense? I'm not saying fucking everybody or anything like that, but I AM saying you have to discover yourself before you can make a commitment to someone else.. or hell, make someone else.

Take it from me, late teens and early twenties are a selfish people... We can get married and have babies all we want.. We're still selfish because we're young and thats what we're supposed to be. I see it especially among young mothers that are my peers. They still are going to act their age... which to me in turn causes their child to be neglected in a sense.

No disrespect intended at all to young mothers... Just saying that I see...

Young mothers still be in the club, going on road trips and shit (doing what young people do).. and where's ya child? At home with their grandmother, aunt.. or whomever.. Its not fair. My mother had me when she was way past 20.. and i'm so thankful. I feel like I'd resent her if my 3 year old self had to share her with her immaturity. There's a time for everything. I'll go as far to say that younger than 25 is NOT the time to have a child..

Not to mention your ass don't have a degree, job, money, a house... you know.. shit you need for a child. I'mma tell my children you don't have the RIGHT to have a child if you're still living in my house. At 50 or so I plan on traveling and shit... not fucking with my grandchildren... Man, my kids gon hate me...

And marriage... Not nearly as many of my peers are getting married as are having babies.. (which is some backwards ass shit) but to me, marriage is serious. I feel like if you wanna dress up and have a party, thats what prom is for. Don't get married because you like someone alot. What is love anyway? At 20, I'm  not the woman I'll be at 30.. you're not the man you'll be in hell, 5 years.. and our older selves might not be compatible so why make a vow to stay together until death? Hell, lets try to stay together until next week...

I have mad respect for people handling their buisness at this age... but by no means am i jealous.

What do yall think?


#nowplaying:. "Forever" Drake

-CK

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with what you say, especially the part about the teens who are parent or are married they are going to act their age becuase in the end they are still young and they are still kids. Just because you now have someone else to look after doesnt make you "grown" or "responsible" for that matter, it just makes life a little harder on you. I too know the struggles, I have no kids but I have raised many..now when I say raised I mean I provide for these kids like they are my own, I provide shelter, food, clothes, love,and emotional and financial support, all on my own, I am 20 years old and thats not an easy task to accomplish when you have to work 40 hr weeks and 18 credit hours then come home and take care of 3 children under the age of 7. To those mothers who DO step up ALL the power and grace to you. Im just saying..its hard and most teens dont realize that when they think about starting a family. Just remember ladies, "Mothers baby, Fathers maybe" If something shall happen its on the Woman to step up. Be wise to it thats all.....Maria. <3